James Bailey and partner Victoria Vasilauskaite bought Roadways some five years ago. With a history dating back to 1966, the company has a well-established pedigree in the industry and the South East.
As a company steeped in traditional civil engineering and road asphalting methods and culture, there was ample potential to transform it into the modern, ethically-based organisation it is today.
As key members of the UK’s road-building community:
- we keep the South East’s highways flowing and safe
- we recycled 4000 tonnes of main roads in 2020 – from Southampton to Crowborough
- we keep on innovating – launching our carbon friendly HBM. This BSI-standard sub-base helps you build faster, cheaper and longer-lasting surfaces
- our materials and contracting work have now been recognised in several industry publications
- our safe working and environmentally friendly practices were recognised by achieving ISO 450014 and 14001 accreditation audited by BSI
Our ethos is simple: Roadways the Right Way
Our mission is bold: Saving the Planet One Road at a Time