Asphalt paver driver
ASPHALT PAVER DRIVER
Grab £1,000* joining bonus!
The asphalt paver driver’s primary function is to operate the paving machine, working in conjunction with the rest of the paving team to ensure proper depth, grade and finish. Plant operators will report directly to their foreman and will be expected to listen and carry out instructions. You must work safely in a busy environment and adhere to the requirements of the site at all times. As a plant operator you will be in charge of the piece of equipment that you will be operating that day.
- Safe operation while moving around the site and laying materials
- Set levels of material ready for compaction
- Undertake preparation works, manual labour, digging, lifting, carrying and cleaning on site when required
- An experienced paver driver with at least 2 years’ experience
- Valid CSCS/CPCS or NPORS card
- Street Works qualification (desirable)
- Valid driving licence
- Clear of alcohol and drugs when reporting for work (a regular testing programme is in place)
*Joining bonus is paid £500 after 3 months and another £500 9 months into the contract