Are you an Estimator? Or perhaps you have experience as a Quantity Surveyor? Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity working?
Apply today and if you’re successful, you will receive a £2,000 joining bonus with an annual salary £60,000 – £70,000 per annum depending on experience.
You will play a crucial role in implementing our company’s profitable growth strategy. You will enjoy analysing project specifications and documentation to prepare accurate and comprehensive cost and resource estimates for our construction projects including highways groundworks, civils and surfacing. Together with our business development, quantity surveyor and project management teams you will be the main point of contact for customers, site managers and other stakeholders.
We offer fantastic opportunities to participate in innovation projects and you will play a significant role in making our industry more sustainable!
Roadways also offers an exciting benefits package!
To mention a few:
● £2,000 joining bonus
● Half Fridays paid in full, where time allows
● Free EV chargers
● 28 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays and increasing with service)
● Sick pay
● Employee workplace pension scheme contributions
● Cycle to work scheme
● Employee healthcare cash plan including 24/7 GP services
● Hybrid working
Send your CV to email@example.com
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon!
For more information see additional details below:
● Reviewing project plans, specifications, and other relevant documents to understand the scope and requirements of the work
● Collaborating with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to gather necessary information
● Using industry-specific knowledge and historical data to estimate the costs of materials, labour, equipment, and other resources
● Developing detailed cost breakdowns for each phase of the project
● Considering factors such as inflation, market conditions and regulatory requirements in cost calculations
● Identifying and assessing potential risks and uncertainties that may impact project costs
● Carrying out the pricing of tenders, performing take-offs and compiling tender documents to prepare and submit accurate and competitive bids for projects
● Providing client quotations
● Dealing with customer enquiries and keeping them informed of everything they need to know
● Communicating effectively to develop long-term friendly and professional relationships with customers
● Providing appropriate advice, using specialist knowledge to help customers
● Interpreting orders into a work programme
● Scheduling and planning
● Making site and client visits
● Handling complaints within agreed parameters
● Maintaining a database of cost estimates, project details, and relevant information for future reference and analysis
● In-life commercial management of projects (such as applications for payment, interim measures, pricing variations and final accounts).
● Experience in estimating construction/highways projects or a Quantity Surveying background with a view to moving in to estimating
● Have a good understanding of NEC & JCT contracts
● Strong analytical and mathematical skills
● Proficiency in estimating software and tools
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Results-driven and motivated
● Meticulous attention to detail
● Relevant health and safety qualifications (desirable)
● Clear of alcohol and drugs when reporting for work (a regular testing programme is in place).
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roadways are a multiple award winning company including an International Green Apple Award winner 2024, Innovation of the year in Brighton, 2021, Employer of the year 2019 & 2021, Sussex company of the year 2021 and. We specialise in road recycling, asphalt surfacing, groundworks, civil engineering. We are a Principal Contractor for National Highways, and a subcontractor for many other prestigious clients. Roadways are a regional leader in the production of eco-friendly road construction materials that save over 70% of CO2 in comparison to the traditional road construction methods.
With over 50 years’ experience, we’re rooted in knowledge and expertise. We are committed to safety, quality and a professional approach. This means we can deliver more projects on-time and to the high-standards you expect.
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and aim to provide equality of opportunity to all regardless of their religion, sex, race, age or sexual orientation.
We continuously improve what we do. From the latest training for our staff, through to externally audited accreditation like ISO 9001, 45001, 14001, 27001, 44001 and Highways Sector Scheme 16. Clients can invest in us for the long-term with confidence.
Find out more about working with Roadways
● Follow Roadways on Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/hailshamroadways/
● Follow Roadways on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/hailsham-roadway-construction-co-limited/mycompany/